WHAT IS PRAYER?#PowerInPrayer
- Prayer is a call of the heart that seeks the attention of God. (Jeremiah 29:13)
Jeremiah 29:12-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
- It is not a non sense route speech.
“‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; Matthew 15:8
- It is a communication of the spirit that thirsts to be filled and completed by Him.
Now I’m returning to you.
I’m saying these things in the world’s hearing
So my people can experience
My joy completed in them.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Psalm 23: 1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
- It is not just an expression of feelings and emotions but a poured out and surrendered heart that does not ask for selfish lists of requests but a tablet of a soul that is ready to be engraved of God’s identity through a deep revelation of who He is.
‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
- Prayer starts and ends with God.
Psalm 143:8, “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”
- Prayer is an opportunity to ask the Lord to see His power and feel His presence leading us to bring Him back the glory!
Father, I want those you gave me
To be with me, right where I am,
So they can see my glory, the splendor you gave me,
Having loved me
Long before there ever was a world.
Righteous Father, the world has never known you,
But I have known you, and these disciples know
That you sent me on this mission.
I have made your very being known to them—
Who you are and what you do—
And continue to make it known,
So that your love for me
Might be in them
Exactly as I am in them.