The following are a few characteristics of a “Woman After God’s Own Heart”: IMPERISHABLE BEAUTY.
- She dresses herself with modesty, decency and propriety. Her appearance honors God same as the works of her hands.
1 Timothy 2:9-10
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
- Her top priority is honoring/pleasing God.
Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.
- Her strength and confidence comes from the Lord. She fears God more than men.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
- She has a strong distaste of what displeases the Lord. Serving the Lord and not the world is her goal. Worldly desires are not welcome in her heart.
…and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- Her heart overflows with praise and honor of her God. She believes that her heart belongs to God before anyone else therefore, she is rooted unto deep relationship with God through meditation and faithful devotion.
…not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.